Halloween update is back! Already out on Android; coming to iOS this week!
Android & iOS
- Halloween update: themed city world and enemies.
- Receive 2 skins for free (if you don’t have them already)!
- Added support for ultra-long screens (with letterboxing)
- Top Run can now run at 90 or 120 fps (or any other value, really)
- Fixed a bug when Cybervaders score wouldn’t be saved
- A ton of other under-the-hood improvements and bug fixes
Let’s talk a bit about mobile revenue distribution. Wonder on which platform Top Run performed better in terms of revenue?
This post is only about mobile version of Top Run, released on Android and iOS. It is a free-to-play game, so we have two sources of revenue here: ads and in-app purchases. We will not talk about absolute numbers, but percentage share of a platform.
First thing we need, is distribution of downloads between iOS and Android to put other numbers into some context. Top Run was downloaded 124,000+ times on Android and 93,000+ time on iOS. 215,000+ times in total.
Profit Distribution (Including Ads)
This metric takes into consideration 30% (roughly) cut Apple and Google take from the IAP revenue. Does not include our local taxes.
In-App Purchases Revenue Distribution
This does not take into account Apple’s and Google’s cut or any additional taxes. Pure revenue.
Top 10 In-App Purchases
- Infinite Tokens (32% of all purchases)
- Full Game (low tier) (24% of all purchases)
- Remove Ads (15% of all purchases)
- Cybervaders Arcade
- Full Game (medium tier)
- Full Game (high tier)
- Evil Buddy Skin
- Pug Buddy Skin
- Robocorn Buddy Skin
- Anti-Banana Kevin Skin
This is multi-platform Top 10, includes both iOS and Android. Interesting difference between platforms here is that on iOS, Full Game (low tier) is the most popular purchase.
Another fun fact is that when we added the token system to Top Run, our intention was not to earn money on it – we simply wanted a way to limit playtime so that players’ didn’t get bored too quickly.
If you’re interested in some other metrics – send us a message, and we might be able to share them 🙂
We’ve had banners promoting dog adoption from the very beginning in Top Run. Today we’d like to expand on that and from now on we’ll be giving in-game Cybervaders arcade for free to anyone who’ll send us a photo of their adopted animal (not only dogs!)
In mobile version of Top Run, both Android and iOS. Cybervaders is already available to everyone in the console/PC version.
What do I need to do?
- Send us a photo of your adopted animal (dog, cat, cow, anyone!) on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Lena’s Instagram or just email it to us. We’d also appreciate a little backstory, but it’s absolutely not required.
- Wait. We’ll get back to you with a code to Cybervaders!
Why do you do it?
Because why not? It may not boost animal adoption rates, but we’re glad to reward people who adopt animals in any way we can!
We’re releasing our first update to console/PC versions of Top Run! Here are release notes:
- Added new world, Suburb, which unlocks at level 18
- Added Hammer Time, an event when only Hammers would spawn for some time. Can only happen from level 9 and higher
Cross Platform Fixes (Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS4, Steam)
- Fixed an issue where no button was selected by default on Pixel Upgrades screen
- Fixed an issue where trail won’t render when Kevin is on Hover Magnet
- Fixed an issue where controls would stay disabled after resuming the game if it was paused at the very start of the run
- Fixed an issue where imprecise score is displayed on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue with overflowing text on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue where cages with friends would sometimes fall on the side or float around
- Fixed an issue where Lava Floor announcement text would block screen in German localization
- Reduced bloom strength in menus
- Fixed an issue where some trophies won’t unlock after completing everything required for them
The update is already out for Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam and will be available soon on PS4 (this pandemic slows everything down). We’ll keep you updated!
In this update we mostly bring some features from console/PC version to mobile and fix bugs.
Android & iOS
- New intro cutscene
- Subtitles are now localized
- Lots of bug fixes
- The game now utilizes the whole screen space on screens with cutouts
- Dropped support for Android versions lower than 5.1
- Fixed an issue when a game would crash on attempt to share a screenshot
It all became possible thanks to our amazing publishers – Fantastico Studio. It’s a joy to work with them!
Since Top Run is now available on a bunch of new platforms, we’ll continue supporting it, so get ready for some new content!
We can’t believe it but this is happening! Thanks to amazing guys from Fantastico Studio, Top Run is coming to Nintendo Switch, Steam, Xbox One and PS4. We’ll be able to share more details soon.
Meanwhile check out the release trailer:
Thank you for all your support!
Android & iOS
- Cats now meow even in subtitles!
- Updated Italian localization
- Bug fixes
Notice: This is an Android-only update.
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed bugs in tutorial and vaporwave level which made the game unplayable
- Celebrate Halloween with Top Run: Halloween Edition! Shoot vampires, witches and monsters!
- 2 halloween-themed skins are now free for a limited time!
- New Top Run logo :0
- Tons and tons of improvements, optimizations and bug fixes